The Global Forum for Media Development is looking for a Fellow who will help to develop a long-term mission and sustainability strategy that strengthens and expands its membership. The Fellow will identify and implement new funding strategies. The Fellow will create an outreach program to improve understanding and support for media development in the European Union and its member states. The Fellow also will work on fundraising and outreach, within the EU and its member states, for the 3rd GFMD Global Conference in 2012. For part of the time, the Fellow will work from a base in Brussels. The program runs for one year.
The ideal candidate has experience running successful international non-profit organizations and contacts in the EU and its member states. A background in international media and media development is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience creating a successful international non-profit organization;
- Experience working as an advocate on behalf of international NGOs with EU institutions;
- Experience in strategic planning for international NGOs;
- Experience raising funds for international NGOs;
- Experience developing communication strategies for international NGOs;
- Experience and knowledge of international media and media development is preferred;
- An existing network of contacts in the international media and media development community, especially within EU institutions, is preferred;
- Language skills (other than English), such as Arabic, French, Russian or Spanish, are preferred..
The Fellowship position at the GFMD is being organised in cooperation with the International Center for Journalists, who run the Knight Fellowship program on behalf of the Knight Foundation.
The Knight International Journalism Fellowships program makes lasting, visible changes that improve the quality and free flow of news in the public interest around the world. Funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the year-long program sends international media professionals to countries where there are opportunities to promote reliable, insightful journalism that holds officials accountable.
Knight International Fellows work in these key regions: Asia/Pacific, Eurasia/Former Soviet Union, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa
Panos London is a member of the Global Forum for Media Development.